Is your child ready for school? We know that early childhood education plays a key role in getting your children ready for school. It helps develop some of the qualities they need to make the most of their school years such as language, social skills, emotional maturity, physical health, and the ability to express ideas. Children who are ready for school tend to have good language skills, are eager to learn and bring positive attitudes into the classroom
Children who are five years old before January 1, 2023 are eligible to register for Kindergarten. Each school in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division is hosting an Information Evening to provide you with an opportunity to meet the teachers and learn more about school programs. This year, due to COVID-19, these sessions will take place virtually.
Kindergarten Information evening:
- Stevenson-Britannia School, 1777 Silver Ave., 204-832-1359 Tuesday, January 25 Register online www.sjasd.ca/school/stevenson
- École Assiniboine School, 175 Winston Rd., 204-885-2216 Wednesday, January. 26
(at 7 pm) Register online email@example.com
- Linwood School, 266 Linwood St. 204-889-9356 Tuesday, January 25
Register online https://www.sjasd.ca/school/linwood/Pages/default.aspx
- The Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary – 250 Bedson, 204-885- 1032 January 25 If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and discover what makes WMEMS unique. WMEMS is a faith-based K-8 school in Winnipeg.
- École Roméo-Dallaire, 81 CHEMIN QUAIL RIDGE, (204) 885-8000 DU 24 AU 28 JANVIER
Call school to register visit website at www.rdallaire.dsfm.mb.ca
Please Note: Discovery Children’s Centre is not responsible for registering your child for kindergarten or for bussing arrangements. These arrangements must be made by you, the parents. We would appreciate knowing which school you have selected for your child. Please leave this information with your child’s teacher. Discovery Children’s Centre will not accept Kindergarten children in our program if they require child care services from us during the morning. (9-11:30am)
The date set for registration is January 28, 2022. Custodial Parent/and or Legal Guardian must provide a birth certificate & two documents with current home address (valid Manitoba’s driver’s license, Manitoba medical card, rental agreement, house title)
All children who live in the catchment area will be required to submit full registration and any out of catchment will have to register online to be put on a waitlist.